Steps to get ready for Eagle Boards
- Email, Fax, or mail me a copy of your completed Eagle
Application and "Online" Advancement Report. (This is not your troop's
computer report.) PDF or JPG scan. See below.
- The fillable Eagle Application PDF does not have the
entered information in the email. You need to print it out and scan it
into jpg or put it in normal pdf format.
- I will send it to Council to be verified. This
will take 2 days - 2 weeks.
- Send emails to your references to email me or the
person doing your eagle board an email of recommendation. You no
longer can bring them with you.
- When I receive the application back I will contact you and arrange
a time and place to do your Eagle Board of Review.
- The scout should come in Scout uniform. We
Pants, socks, neckerchief, and sash with MB on it. We require the same amount of uniform
that your troop requires for court of honors or their board of reviews. The
board should take approximately 1 hour. We will have
several teams that are trained on providing the boards. There will be two
board members from our district teams and there needs to be one or two adults from the
troop to be there with the board.
- Bring your original Eagle Application and be sure all paper work is complete.
All references should be filled out completely with the exception of
employer if you have not had a job.
- Bring a printout of your ranks and merit badges from
the "Online Advancement Report"
- There needs to be separate sheets of paper with (1)
Future ambitions (2) list of leadership positions in scouts, church, school,
other organizations and (3) list of honors and awards. It would be nice
to see a copy of these award certificates in the book. The Ambitions
are nothing about what you did in the past or now working on, but a
description of your dream life in the future. For example, you want to
graduate in the top 10, be class president, go to Texas A&M, get a BS degree
and go to Vet School, be a vet in Southlake TX, marry a cute red head and
have 3 children, have a boy and get him into scouts, be a scoutmaster and go
to Philmont, earn a million dollars by age 40 and retire, have a big
house with lots of dogs, etc, etc. Another words what do you want to do with
your life if you could do anything.
- Bring all information on your eagle project. The
entire workbook and pictures and all materials you used to plan and execute
the project. We will go over it in detail.
- Be sure the 6 months of leadership was performed after
Life rank date. It would be better to have more than 1 week more than
the 6 months since the National Review has rejected one because it was not
precisely 6 months.
- We require letters of recommendation from
at least three of the references listed on the application. Have letters mailed to Roger Knapp, 1413 Lookout Cir, Irving, TX 75060 or email
a letter to me or whoever is doing the eagle board. Emails are listed
This is an example of the online advancements. It is NOT the troop
master printout from the troop computer.
I strongly encourage the boy prepare a 2 inch Eagle Book
for his board. Most use a ring notebook with sections. He will keep this as
a memento for the rest of his life. Suggestions for the book:
- Eagle Scout Rank Application
- Online Advancement report papers.
- Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project Workbook.
You should have filled out the second part of the workbook but must fill out
- All attachments, pictures, and materials that you used
in your project.
- Your typed up ambitions and life purposes.
- Your typed up list of leadership positions.
- Your typed up list of honors and awards.
- Cards for rank advancement and merit badges if you have
- Patches you collected.
- Now you need to put in copies of :
- Scout training certificates, and certificates of
scouting events you attended.
- Pictures of your scouting from cubs thru eagle.
- Pictures of your family, pets, church, sports,
- Awards for spelling bee champ, school awards, etc.
Certificates of achievement in sports, church and any activities in which
you were involved. You can have copies of it if your parents want to keep
The purpose of the book is to have a clear overall image of
the boy. What has he done in his life so far and what kind of leader is he. It
is good to see a well rounded boy who is active in the community, family,
church, sports, and scouts.
The Eagle awards will usually come in from National in 2-6
weeks or less.
Fill out the Eagle Application as shown below:
When the Scoutmaster and Committee Chairman sign it, it means that they
have made sure all information is correct. Be certain the dates of the
match the dates of the internet advancement.
Five Trails District.