This page contains links to web sites. The information is divided into the following
These are web sites that help parents with their children. Parenting skills and
http://www.privateschoolreview.com Look up private schools in your
- Family Education Network
help parents and children learn and succeed.
- Parent Time advice pregnancy to
early childhood, recipes, activities.
- Parent News information and
advice on many issues.
- Kids Health news and facts of
- Mining Co. has info on many things
from art to Learning Disabilities.
- Babies on Line good web page
for information, put your baby online, send card
- Parenting, Pregnancy and Family
- Positive Parenting Site
- Father's Web Site
- Movie Reviews - Detailed itemized
list for Sex, Violence, Language.
- American Library Association
Parents Page. Tips on using the library, how to raise a reader,
Library Service to Children, Information about reading and programs of special
interest to children and parents,Newbery and
- National Center for Missing and
- Family PC fun site - links,
games, information for fun ideas.
- Home School Sites:
Family Start-Up Page
- Med Line access to search for
medical articles through Medline (free)
Baby Care Web
with information and connections
- Bright Futures general
information. Very good.
- Today's Parent is a good
general information site.
Page is full of great information and web links.
- Smarter Kids site for great
- Learning disabilities resources
with many sites around and information of learning Disabilities.
- Disney World Unofficial Site has
lots of great tips and things to know before your go.
- Consumer Product safety commission
news about product
recalls and safety.
- Troubled Teens site with advice and resources for
parents with problem adolescents
- Outdoor Recreation Page great site with places to go
and equipment to take.
- Childcare.net has child information and helpful
- Baby Names has ideas and suggestions for names
- Dr. Toy is a site for suggestions of safe and
- Baby Names. lists and ideas of baby
- ADHD a path to success. Book
and info by Lawrence Weathers, Ph.D.,
- Troubled Youth find help
for teens with problems... behavior or drugs.
EmpoweringParents.com Behavior problems with school age
Back to Top . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
These are sites for children that are fun, interesting, educational, and safe.
- Fun Attic fun games and
other stuff that are fun and neat.
- Time Digital list of children's
- Alfy is a great web search for small
children who cannot read and want to safe surf by pictures.
- Smart Girl exchange opinions and
- Girl Tech advice for rift with
best friend, women's basketball, much more
- Girl Power for girls 9-14,
useful tips, biographies of women, and other things
- Annie's Craft page
- Kids Space
- Mr. Roger's Page
- MGM Cartoon page
- Kids research desk
- Disney home page
- Jan Brett's Home Page You'll find
everything from trolls to armadillos on this author/illustrator's page.
- Official Eric Carle Web Site
For fans of the famous author/illustrator and his books.
- Official Brian
Jacques Home Page If you're a fan of the Redwall books, here's the site for you!
- Seussville Games,
information, and fun from the publisher of the Dr. Seuss books!
- The Arthur Page For
Arthur fans everywhere!
- MidLink MagazineAn
electronic magazine for young people in the middle grades.
- Kids on the WebChildren
write stories and post them for everyone to read.
- Kid's web Math,
science, whatever you need... It's probably here!
Lincoln OnlineLots of information on Abe and his times.
- Anne Frank On-LineThe story of
Anne Frank, with information about the Holocaust
- Black History
on the WebA site filled with African American history.
- Colonial WilliamsburgVisit
Colonial Williamsburg and see life 250 years ago.
Revolution to Reconstruction A hypertext history of the United States, produced in the
OnlineA clickable chart of people and events throughout human history.
- Lonely Planet:
Destinations photos and information about most world nations.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Page
the man, his ideas, and the holiday in his honor.
- Maya Adventure
and culture of the Maya
- The Oregon TrailThe
story of the trail and those who traveled it.
- World SurfariAn 11-year-old's
page that travels to a different country each month.
Constellations and their Stars Need information on stars, constellations, the Milky
- Project Galileo: Bringing
Jupiter to EarthUp-to-date information on the spacecraft probe.
- Ask Dr. Math
Find math information, or you can ask a question.
- Desert Life
about America's deserts.
- Cells Alive!All the facts on
cells, including pictures!
- The ExploratoriumA big
hands-on museum in San Francisco... a fun site!
- Volcano World MuseumGreat
satellite and aerial images and interactive experiments that supplement other volcano
- National Museum of the American Indian
life, languages, literature, history, and arts of Native Americans.
the black or the red pieces win this time?
- Castles of the World
- American Memory.
Primary documents and historical materials
- A collection of games,
activities and folklore from Australia and around the world.
- Brendan Kehoe's Kids on
- Brian Jacques
Home Page. Created for fans and friends of the Redwall books. .
- Children's Express. An awardwinning
news service featuring news for young people
- The Exploratorium. The
science museum in San Francisco
- Kidlink. A colorful collection of
links of interest to children,
- KidsConnect. Are you a
Kindergarten-12th grade student looking for resources
- Latin American
Network Information Center.
- Gifted Child Society - a non-profit
organization that sponsors activities designed to help gifted children, their families and
- National Association for Gifted Children
- Springhurst - school for the
highly capable, creative, gifted child.
- USA2100 CyberLearning Center
- Alex the Ape - stories, games,
- Children's Music - links and
reviews of music
- Cyber Kids - art, paintings by
- Funschool - for 3-5 Yr olds,
puzzles, connect dots, games
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology -
see pictures of all sorts of old stuff
Explorers - illustrations, links, games, rhymes, crafts, and more.
- Magic Keys
Storybooks - short stories, riddles, activities
World Many links for kids in categories.
- Kids Com place with games and pen
- Civil War massive site on all
info of civil war.
- History Site has lots of
- Writers site with lots of
help for writers.
- Haring Kids Site has great fun
- Kids Site has fun activities and
links for children categorized.
- Art for Kids is a site where you
can draw and paint. FUN
- Wyland site for kids drawing and
- Neat School House is a
great site with lots of activities for parents and kids.
- Children's books online
- Religious children site.
- Tree Identification
how to identify a tree
Cyberpatrol - software to keep your
kids safe, best on the market. See this home page.
Here are only some medical web sites of the millions on the web.
- Asthma Headquarters. lots of
info and links.
- Knee Pain Site
- Cerebral Palsy site
- Dallas Childrens' Medical
Center home page
Diseases of Children information
- Infectious Diseases of Children
- http://www.dermatlas.org atlas
of pictures of Dermatology Diseases
- Drug list Information on drugs with
- Vaccines information
- Quackwatch fake and scams in
- Medical Quack Scams list of
topics and things of questionable value.
Council for Reliable Health Information facts on quack ideas
- Health Finder Search
- Alta Vista list of health web pages by topic
- CHADD Attention Deficit and
Hyperactivity Home Page
- CDC Foreign travel
recommendations on immunizations for travel to each country..
- Hepatitis Coalition for info of
- Med Line access to search for
medical articles thru Medline (free)
points of interest from John Hopkins Univ.
- Images from the
History of Medicine pictures of people and events
- FDA web site with alot
Links best links to many medical sites on the web
- VAB health resources and
message boards of all med. subjects.
- Birthing Center
in Dallas ... home page.
- Kids Health is a site with good
- Ask Dr. Bob is a site with general information.
- Children's Message Board if
you want other parents opinions
Cerebral Palsy web
site with good information.
- 1 Up Health is a good general
web site with ADD info
- BoyScoutTrail is a great
site with lots of information.
Pro list of Boy Scout Links
- Boy Scouts of America Home Page
- Order of the Arrow Home site
- Circle 10 home page
- Western Star
- Philmont Web
Philmont Information site
- Scouter's Compass
- Scouting Resources
- Ropers Knot Page
- Animated Knot Tying
- Scoutorama Site
- Woodbadge leaders site
- Pinetree Scouting site
- England Scoutbase
- A Guide
to Conducting Boards of Review
- Boy Scouting
Traditions and History
- Fund$Raiser Cyberzine
- Lifesaving Resources, Inc.
- The Knot
Page Lots of knots.
- Merit Badge
- Philmont Giardia and
Recipes Web Sites:
- SOAR Recipe Database
Searchable archive of recipes.
This one-stop shopping site for the food connoisseur provides a
searchable recipe database.
- Cooking Light
Online Learn the essentials in "Cooking 101" and
dive into more than 2,000 recipes. Dieters and health-conscious
eaters can find tips on healthy living.
More than 10,000 recipe ideas by course, cuisine, cooking method,
and diet. No time to shop? Tell the site what's in your fridge to
get meal suggestions.
Includes information on regional festivals and restaurants, as well
as links to local BBQ societies. Get tips on cooking a pig in the
ground, essential for your next luau. "FAQs of Curing"
answers all your questions about curing meat.
- Texas Cooking
Online Recipes and advice
This site provides recipes, menu ideas, meal preparation tips,
cooking terms, personalized shopping lists, and more. Check out
"My recipe box" to create your own meal-planning resource
to store, organize, and review your favorite recipes. All recipes
include nutritional facts.
- Cook's Thesaurus
Suggests substitutions for over 1,500 cooking ingredients, including
low-calorie, low-fat alternatives, inexpensive alternatives for
gourmets, and innovative replacements for hard-to-find ethnic
- Betty Crocker
Recipes This site features a searchable collection of your
favorite recipes and lots of new ones. Custornizable meal planners,
cooking charts, tips and advice from the staff at Betty Crocker
kitchens. Get recipes based on what you have in your fridge. You can
also compile a shopping list based on the recipes you've selected,
and print coupons for stores in your area.
Contest Central Think your brownies are the best? Put them
to the test. Links to cooking contests, prizes, deadlines, and
and Cajun Recipe Page Provides an introduction to Creole/Cajun
cuisine, its evolution, and links to Louisiana chefs, cooking
schools, and cookbooks. Search a large coRection of recipes, or
browse by category. Learn the basics of making seasoning blends,
stocks, gumbo, and jambalaya.
Gourmet Browse international recipes and cooking
traditions by country or region. Also includes a searchable recipes
database. 'Global Destinations" features explanations of
cultural, historical, and geographical influences, as well as what
to eat, menu guides, and special reports on holidays and customs.
- Indian Food
Guide Features Indian and Thai recipes and gives tips on
food preparation. Also includes a menu of the week feature.
Guide Facts about spices, including history, cooking
tips, and recipes.
Pork Producers Council
- Godiva Chocolates
Food Online Cookbook
Pot-pori of sites.
www.123greetings.com is a great card site for birthdays and such.
- Dr. Laura - great psychologist
- Magic Eye - they have a picture of
- White House - duh! (do
not type in whitehouse.com that is a porno site!)
- Harmony Central - for music
- Alphabytes - lettering and
- Best Fares - how and
where to get lowest airline fares
- EBAY items for sale - EVERYTHING . .
over 500,000 items.
Please Email me if you know of some good sites to list here.
Top of Page
January 10, 2013