Ear wax is yucky but not
harmful. To clean it out do not use q-tips.
Ear Wax Removal
- Put wax softener med from store (Debrox, ceruminex, Etc).
- After 15 min flush the ear canal with body temperature
water. This will not cause pain but a roaring sound. Some use a "water pic" for
the teeth to irrigate the ear.
- The water will not cause infections if you use clean tap
- Some people put hydrogen peroxide in their ear to clean it
out. The foaming action flushes some wax out.
- Then there is a Ear Wax Wick Candle that has a long tube and
you actually light the end of it. WOW. I have'nt tried it but many think it works for
teens and adults. What ever!!!
Keeping the wax out will not prevent infections but if too
much impact the canal there will be a slight blockage of sound that does not reach the ear
drum. Our stethoscopes push the wax in our ears so we have trouble all the time.