The following is the philosophy of Charles
Schulz, the creator of the "Peanuts" comic
strip. You don't have to actually answer the
questions. Just read the e-mail straight
through, and you'll get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss
Name ten people who have won the Nobel or
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winner
for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series
did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners
of yesterday. These are no second-rate
achievers. They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies. Awards tarnish.
Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and
certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey
2. Name three friends who have helped you
through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel
appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending
The lesson: The people who make a difference in
your life are not the ones with the most
credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
They are the ones that care.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end
today. It's already tomorrow in